Mmmm... The Ewok. It even kind of looks like those playful, life-size teddy bears. This cupcake came about by accident but I absolutely loved it. I was in the process of baking basic chocolate cupcakes for a co-worker's child's birthday party. The first batch I made stuck to the pan and ended up with rough, messy edges. So I had 24 chocolate cupcakes sitting in my kitchen looking very sad. Fortunately I had coconut, pecans and coconut milk on hand and was able to whip up the Coconut Pecan Frosting from the Vegan Cupcakes cookbook. The frosting came out a little drier than I had anticipated (I probably cooked it too long) so I decided to pair it with chocolate buttercream. The end result was fabulous! While my friends may disagree with me, I think I might actually like the Ewok better than the Chewbacca.

Erika, these look heavenly! Wish we were still in Eugene so I could have tasted one!
ReplyDelete